A Partnership for Teacher Quality
Go The Distance
As a teacher, your knowledge, mentoring and friendship will make a difference in the lives of the students you teach. But if you want to make an even greater impact, consider reaching out to those students living in rural areas and communities struggling with issues like poverty and drop-out rates. In addition to a great experience, the GoTeach program can provide you with:
- Camaraderie and networking with a small cohort of students interested in teaching in Native American and rural schools.
- Use of a laptop computer and other financial incentives, such as a stipend for books, based on availability.
- Specialized social/cultural training that will better prepare you to be a successful teacher in a rural setting.
- A more dynamic, year-long student teaching experience that includes on-site university coursework taught by USD faculty.
- Support from an experienced mentor teacher and university faculty during your academic training.
- Relevant professional development opportunities before and after graduation.
- Ongoing support from your mentor teacher and university faculty for two years following graduation.
- Access to an online support system of GoTeach peers, mentors, and university faculty.
The end result? You will be better prepared to make a difference in the lives of children in rural and Native American communities.
Learn more about GoTeachSD with this short video.
Copyright © 2010 GoTeachSD. All rights reserved.