A Partnership for Teacher Quality
Be A GoTeach School
South Dakota’s rural children have many advantages when it comes to receiving a good education: small class sizes that allow children to receive individualized attention, overwhelming community support of the local school and the opportunity to participate in a broad array of activities. But there is another story that plays a part of the education our rural children receive.
Fewer and fewer young people are making the choice to become teachers. Rural school districts are receiving fewer and fewer qualified applicants to fill teacher vacancies. GoTeach is working hard to address this shortage. By recruiting more teachers specifically slated for rural districts, we hope to ensure that all children are taught by motivated, qualified teachers no matter where they live.
Does your district qualify?
Rural schools are eligible to be part of the GoTeach program based on poverty levels and teacher need. The following school districts qualify as participants in the GoTeach South Dakota program.
What can GoTeach do for your district?
GoTeach South Dakota is currently recruiting and preparing new teacher candidates for placement in a school district like yours. School districts who actively participate can expect the following benefits:
- An opportunity to hire teachers with a passion for teaching in rural places and who have been trained to meet the needs of rural schools.
- A reduction of teacher turnover resulting in cost savings.
- Graduate level coursework for school based mentor teachers.
- Access to professional development resources for teachers in participating schools.
- Assistance with the change process.
- Increased student achievement due to improved teacher education and preparation.
We are currently recruiting mentor-teacher candidates. If your district is interested in learning more, please contact Mary Collins, GoTeach Project Coordinator.
Learn more about GoTeachSD with this short video.
Copyright © 2010 GoTeachSD. All rights reserved.